Saturday, July 5, 2008

Whatever it takes

Every 3 seconds a child dies of hunger or malnutrition in sub-Saharan - that means 30,000 children per day.
Official statistics show that 274 people die every hour of HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa (approximately 6,600).
That means 6,575 people die every day - 2.4 million people die every year at minimum.
Reports at the AIDS conference in Toronto (August 2006) claim the real number to be 9,000 - 10,000 people dying each and every day.

Similar cases are happening everywhere and all the time. Every second a child dies. Why am I posting this. Well, last friday's CF really softened my heart and touched me. It opened my eyes to the world. So many times we ask God for things we feel we need when we have so much.

There were many disturbing pictures that made me think. There was this picture of this christian being burned for his faith. He was a wearing a sky blue underwear. I felt like disposing all my underwears that were close to that shade at that moment. The pictures really made me realise all that I had.

Just now after the jogathon, I was really pissed because I only got 7th. I know many people think that's good, but considering the people I lost to, I don't feel too good about myself. But then, my thoughts raced to the pictures stuck on the windows at CF. To the girl who's feet were torn to shreds by a suicide bomber and there I was being pissy for getting 7th.

Another thing, I used to think that Malaysia was like the worst country to inhabitate. Until I saw the pictures that is. I used to think that corrruption was bad un til I saw this picture. A woman was beaten. Whacked on the street by police man. Violently, brutally by the upholders of the law, and why? Because a truck driver on the opposition side payed them to beat her.

After that there was a speech. I didn't really pay attention to anything but one part of the speech stood out. The part about the parent who protected her child from the earthquake. In her phone, in the drafts there was a message. I'd type it out, but I'd probably cry :D It really made me cry. I could tell Dang and Joshua shed a tear too ;)

Before this my parents used to tell me to pray for the earthquake victims. I didn't really care because, HEY I don't live in China babe. I feel so selfish now. For anyone who's reading this, be thankful, be contented.

Now that I've got this nagging thought off my chest I can finish this post :)

ciao, damn that's long. The camwhore thing sequel is coming. Watch out for it :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like your post... beneath that outwardly uncaring oblivious look lies a heart that's so warm.. What you hve said touch my heart, and moved me just as I believe moved Him too.

Keep on writing, keep on expressing...

Loads of love, from u know who..