Saturday, September 13, 2008

Why do people step on snails?

Yeah, Why? Does it give them some sort of perverse pleasure? Actually I started out wanting to post about the first time I met all my friends but that'll have to wait because I came up with the post title 'Why do people step on snails?' Then I thought, 'Yeah, Why?'

I mean, when I was at a church camp last year, I was walking with my 'macho' friend. He saw a snail slowly moving and chuckled with glee. He slowly took in a breath of air as he savoured the moment. Then, as quick as lightning..


The snail was destroyed. My stomach began to churn at the sight of it. Well, I just don't like squashing small bugs. Firstly, I have dignity. Secondly, it's disgusting. Thirdly, I have a life. Fourthly, if I were squashing a bug in my house, I'd have to wipe up the mess. Fifthly, I don't have the time for funerals.

Remember this?


Remember when snails were our friends? When in our loneliness, there was a friend. An undying relationship. Everlasting we thought. But, when maturity hit us. We didn't feel it. We turned our backs on the one who always was there.

Does it really have to be this way? The truth is, I don't really give a crap about the death of a million snails around the world but, give snails a chance lah. One day they may be extinct ok?


No, I have nothing against escargot. On the contrary, I love it. The texture, the taste, the feel. Mhhmmmmm, slurrrrrp. At least they don't look so disgusting when their cooked right? But still, whenever I eat escargot, I try not to think of the fact I'm chewing a snail.

Stop the killing. Snails are man's REAL best friend.

3 comments:

JunJun-Riko said...

yes i agree!!! ppl shouldn't kill snails like they're some worthless piece of shit. nevertheless, i still think snails are gross.. =.=

Robin said...

you should see what my gardener did to the snails. he will pick up the snails in my garden and throw it to road and let the car crash them!!! i once told him is not good to kill snails. guess what he replied?
i didnt kill them, the driver did! i was like...okayyyy

Jerrica said...

aawww. my cousin poured salt on the snail. it...yeah. you know the ending.